The lovely Becky from Becky vs The World nominated me for the sisterhood of world bloggers award. Becky writes about her awesome adventures, living life to the full. I often feel inspired to get up and actually do something – anything but nothing – after reading one of her posts. So do check her out.
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is your dream job?
If you had asked me just a year ago I would have said consultancy as part of a large firm – which is what I will be starting soon. It requires plenty of travelling, communicating with people, the projects vary and it’s super well paid.
But my previous job had warped my outlook in the type of environment I want to work in and the sort of people I want to associate myself with. I don’t know what my dream job is anymore.
2. Who is your favourite singer/ band?
I don’t actually have a favourite and am not a massive fan of anyone. I listen to pretty much anything depending on my mood – 90s chart music, old-school hip hop, RnB, piano, acapella, nasheeds – the whole bag!
3. What’s your perfect night out?
With my friends. talking, sharing stories, laughing. Getting lost in the city.
4. What’s your perfect night in?
Alone. Fast food. Netflix or old show marathon.
5. What’s the last thing you bought online?
Washi tape from Amazon for my scrapbook.
6. Who is your favourite blogger?
I don’t think I have one. I follow all sorts of blogs – musings, political, DIY, makeup, reading diaries, funny, serious. It seems I have a thing against favourites. I don’t know if I actually have any favourites for anything!
7. Why did you start blogging?
To make sense of things bubbling away at the back of my mind. To say things I felt had to be said. To be present. To remember the everyday and the things that I think are important now.
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone?
I rarely talk to people on the phone, I’m much more of a text person. I think it was the Council to arrange a repairs appointment.
9. What inspires you?
Mostly people I know but I’ve written a whole post on who inspires me. So in terms of what – probably books and really emotional films.
10. What is your favourite animal and why?
Oh no, another favourite question! My favourite animal would be owls and turtles but only the cartoon print. I have owl/turtle purse, phone case, candles, plush toys, jewellary – the list goes on. But actual owls and turtles freak me out. In terms of real life animals, probably dogs though I don’t own one.
Don’t forget to post the logo on your site, nominate 5 people, link back to this blog and come up with 10 new questions for your nominees.
My questions for you are:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you won £10,000, what would you spend it on?
- Eternal love. Who’s he first person that comes into your mind?
- What’s your favourite book?
- If you had to eat the same dinner for a whole year, what would you choose?
- If you could have any one super power, what would you choose?
- Besides electronic devices, what’s your favourite possession?
- Do you believe Higher Education (e.g. university) should be free (like school and college is)?
- What is your top New Year’s resolution and did you keep it?
- What personal achievement are you most proud of?